Another first for BREEAM, thanks to Tracker Plus
Southfacing and BRE have teamed-up to offer assessors and clients greater efficiencies in the way they assess and certify the sustainability performance of their assets using BREEAM.
The collaboration has resulted in the first online dynamic syncing of assessment data between the Tracker Plus (www.tracker-plus.co.uk) and BRE’s BREEAM Projects (www.breeam.com/projects). This enables an assessor, through Tracker Plus, to manage the whole assessment process seamlessly, from pre-assessment through to final submission to BRE for certification. BREEAM UK Refurbishment & Fit-out 2014 is the first scheme to go live with the blue print set for future schemes!
“We are all very excited. Collaboration and digital solutions are key enablers in the BRE mission to build a better world and this solution will deliver efficiencies for Tracker Plus users, clients and stakeholders involved in the assessment process.” Tim Bevan, Director of BREEAM Operations, BRE.
“Now Tracker Plus can synchronise its assessment project management directly with submissions via BREEAM Projects the process is seamless and more efficient for all.” Ben Cartmell, Director, Southfacing.
Southfacing are recruiting: If you are an experienced BREEAM assessor please email us your CV.
Following on from our recent post on the Tracker Plus projects shortlisted for the 2015 BREEAM Awards, we’re delighted to announce that last night’s awards dinner proved a great success for our users!
So we’d like to extend our congratulations to:
- Peter Deer & Associates for their win in the Offices Refurbishment & Fit-Out category for Morelands Rooftop
- Hilson Moran for their win in the Retail Refurbishment & Fit-Out category for the Foyles flgship store, Charing Cross Road
- Greenbuild Consult for their win of Assessor Company of the Year
- Yasmina Mikhael of RES Design Long & Partners for Assessor of the Year
- Anna Foden of Max Fordham LLP for a Country First award
Well done to all of you from the Tracker Plus team!
With Ecobuild 2015 almost upon us we’d like to congratulate the Tracker Plus users shortlisted for this year’s BREEAM Awards.
It’s been a bumper year with a record 4 projects shortlisted!
The Tracker Plus projects up for this year’s awards are:
- 107-109 Charing Cross Road (Hilson Moran) - Shortlisted in the Retail category this refurbished building provides a new home to the Foyles bookshop and achieved a score of 73.4%. Hilson Moran have acknowledged the help that Tracker Plus gave them in carrying out the assessment and said “Throughout this project, Tracker Plus aided in simplifying the evidence gathering and status information dissemination process.”
- Learning Hub, Oldham College (Hoare Lea) - Shortlisted in the Education category this new building houses 28 new classrooms and various other spaces to be used by students and local community groups and achieved a score of 79.5%.
- Moreland’s Rooftop, Old Street (Peter Deer & Associates) - Shortlisted in the Offices and ‘Your BREEAM Award’ categories the refurbishment of the top floor of this office building achieved BREEAM Outstanding.
- Western Power Distribution Depot, Spilsby (GreenBuild Consult) - Shortlisted in the Industrial and ‘Your BREEAM Award’ categories this new build depot achieved BREEAM Outstanding and a score of 101.9%.
We hope the shortlisted assessors have dusted off their dancing shoes and dinner jackets / ballgowns (delete as appropriate) in readiness for the awards ceremony on 3rd March.
The Tracker Plus team wishes you all the best of success on the night!
Our CEO Ben Cartmell and COO Lucy Harris will be showcasing our game-changing Tracker Plus LEED Collaboration tool and showing how it can transform your LEED assessments.
Come join us at 11.00am-12.30pm on Wednesday 22nd October where we’ll be speaking at the USGBC session ‘To Infinity & Beyond’ in the Interactive Lounge.
Or, better still, come visit the free Tracker Plus Candy Store all day on Thursday October 23rd in Room 385 (3rd floor)!
We’ll be presenting an introductory seminar at 11.00am, giving you a chance to see all the highlights, and would be happy to have a one-to-one chat if you have any questions.
And, of course, we’ll have the candy store open with some old favorites and a few new surprises.
If that doesn’t sweeten you up then hopefully our 50% off Fall special offer will!
So, be a smartie and come see us…
With the formal launch of BREEAM 2014 approaching fast we anticipate that many assessors and design teams will have been asked to confirm the impact of assessing potential projects under the new scheme.
To help compare the potential scores under BREEAM 2011 and BREEAM 2014 we’ve developed a handy comparator tool which you can access HERE.
This allows you to:
- Enter your target credits under BREEAM 2011
- Obtain an ‘equivalent BREEAM 2014 score’
- Target additional credits to increase the BREEAM 2014 score if required
- Download a handy summary report
The tool is free to use, we don’t keep your data and we don’t even ask for your contact details. So you’ve no excuses to not give it a go!
We’re delighted to be launching our brand new Tracker Plus website today to tie in with the launch of Tracker Plus LEED!
To give you a little background on Tracker Plus LEED, we’ve been a LEED Automation partner for some time now and our development team has been working very closely with the USGBC’s IT team to develop the system.
Tracker Plus LEED interfaces directly with LEED Online making it a one stop shop for the management of LEED assessments. Users can carry out pre-assessment charrettes, set up the credit scorecard, edit LEED credit forms and submit for review direct from Tracker Plus LEED without the need to interface with LEED Online.
In addition, it has many of the useful features of its BREEAM counterpart such as automated report generation, email reminders etc.
For more details on Tracker Plus LEED please click here
We’ll also be at Greenbuild 2013 in Philadephia later this week for Tracker Plus LEED’s official launch so if any of you are planning to visit we’d love to meet you!
In September 2011 we, along with our co-authors, published a paper at the CIBSE Technical Symposium. This took a sample of approximately 120 BREEAM 2008 projects from our TrackerPlus BREEAM management system and provided an analysis of the credits that were being targeted in the formal BREEAM assessment of these projects.
The paper identified a number of issues which the authors considered were either worth ongoing analysis or further investigation. You can read more in the paper here.
As a result of this research, and following the release of BREEAM 2011, we followed this up with a second CIBSE Technical Symposium paper published in April 2013. Again, you read the paper here.
It’s all very well presenting the raw data and, as assessors, we obviously have an opinion on many of the issues identified in the papers but we felt this would benefit from peer debate with Tracker Plus users, the wider assessor community, BRE and other interested parties.
With the imminent launch of BREEAM 2014 now seemed as good a time as any so here we are with the TrackerPlus blog.
We’d like this to be a place where we can share and discuss real-world research into current environmental assessment practice, giving assessors and design teams a valuable insight into industry practices and trends.
All constructive comments and opinions are welcome!